Elections / Nominations
*Modified schedule for 2019 ICF Board Elections:
|By March 30||Call for Annual General Meeting|
|April 8||Call for Nominations starts|
|April 30||Close nominations|
|May 9||Annual General Meeting opens|
|May 9||Election opens|
|May 9 – June 9||Provision for Questions/Discussion in relation to AGM Agenda|
|June 9||Election closes; results announced|
* Subsequent elections are conducted according to the schedule below.
The nomination procedures are based upon the current Constitution/By-Laws adopted by the membership of the International Camping Fellowship at a meeting in February 2018. They are attached to the ICF By-Laws approved in February 2002/2011. A full copy of these By-Laws is available upon request from ICF Headquarters.
The Board shall be composed of President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The Executive Committee shall be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization (ICF) and perform all duties related thereto. The term of service shall be one year but the Board is encouraged to let their name stand to the next ICF-endorsed International Camping Congress.
The Advisory Board shall be composed of the Board, at least 6 Committee Chairs and at least 4 Members-at-Large. Ex-Officio Members shall include Past-President (if serving), the next Congress Chair (or designate) and any other such appointments as the Board deems appropriate. To promote continuity, Advisory Board Members are encouraged to serve, if possible, from Congress to Congress.
Candidates for President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary must be current ICF Members, and may be nominated by any other current Member. Nominees must be able to commit to the following service obligations:
- The ability to fund travel to one (1) ICF Board meeting annually
- The ability to work and contribute in English or to provide such translation support as needed
- The time and resources for such duties as may be defined and developed by the Board
Members-at-Large are elected by a vote of all available Ambassadors at or before the General Assembly held at each International Camping Congress. This election is conducted after the election and appointment of other members of the next term’s Board, Advisory Board and Ambassadors. It may be conducted electronically or as part of the General Assembly of Ambassadors at an International Camping Congress. Additional Members-at-Large may be appointed at the discretion of the Board. To promote continuity, Advisory Board Members are encouraged to serve, if possible, from Congress to Congress.
Ambassadors are ICF Members who are elected, acclaimed or appointed from within each country by the ICF membership of that country. If more than one nomination is submitted, then an election is conducted. If only one candidate is nominated, the candidate may be acclaimed. If there are no nominations from a country, the Chair of the Ambassador Committee will seek out an appointment.
Ambassadors should be prepared to meet the following obligations:
- Recruit additional ICF Members within their country.
- Assist in forging links amongst members, nationally and internationally, including the exchange of campers and camp staff.
- Supply news and information from the country to ICF on a regular basis.
- Survey known information on organized camping and outdoor experience in their country.
- Disseminate information on international camping and ICF programs and services.
- Serve as a member of the ICF General Assembly at the next International Camping Congress
- Secure regional co-ordinators within the country when appropriate.
- Assist in the work if the ICF in other ways as requested to do the work of ICF.
Legal Board Officers shall be a President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. These officers shall be elected by the Full Membership. To promote continuity, Board Officers are encouraged to serve, if approved each year, from Congress to Congress.
Nomination forms are available to any and all current Members.
* Nomination Forms must be completed and submitted in a timely fashion not later than December 15 each year. If more than one nomination is received for any given position, the current Past President or Election designate formulates a ballot of all persons nominated, along with biographical information and photograph. This information is posted for an electronic election not later than January 31.
* The Nomination Form for Members-at-Large must be completed and submitted to ICF Headquarters not later than August 31 in the year of an International Camping Congress. If more than one nomination is received for any given position, the current Ambassador Attaché formulates a ballot of all persons nominated, along with biographical information and photograph, and posts the material to each current Ambassador and Board Member.
Voting privileges are extended to all current Members. Results are posted from the ICF Office.
|ICF GOVERNANCE (DOWNLOAD)|