Candidates for Ambassadors are ICF Members who are elected, acclaimed or appointed from within each country by the ICF membership of that country. If more than one nomination is submitted, then an election is conducted. If only one candidate is nominated, the candidate may be acclaimed or appointed by the ICF Board. If there are no nominations from a particular country, the Ambassador Attaché on the Advisory Board seeks out a suitable volunteer.
Ambassador responsibilities include:
- Recruit additional ICF Members within their country.
- Assist in forging links amongst members, nationally and internationally, including exchange of campers, camp staff, directors.
- Supply news and information from the country to ICF on a regular basis.
- Survey known information on organized camping and outdoor experience in their country.
- Disseminate information on international camping and ICF programs and services.
- Serve as a member of the ICF General Assembly at the next International Camping Congress
- Secure regional coordinators within the country when appropriate.
- Assist in the work if the ICF in other ways as requested to do the work of ICF.
Feel free to contact the Ambassador Attaché at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
AMBASSADORS AND OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Each member country of ICF may have a designated person to act as their ICF Ambassador. The Ambassador will be the official representative of the International Camping Fellowship for that country. Some countries have already appointed or nominated an individual. If you would like to be part of this process to serve as an Ambassador for your country read the description below about the commitments and the opportunity to be part of the leadership of an important global organization.
Serve as an Ambassador or serve on one of many ICF Committees – Fill out an application Form.
Feel free to contact the Ambassador/Outreach Chair Simón Sambrano at email@example.com if you have any questions.