Elections / Nominations
*Modified schedule for 2020 ICF Board Elections:
|November 30, 2019||Call for nominations to Elected Positions|
|December 31, 2019||Nominations close to Elected Positions|
|January 1, 2020||ICF Board Election opens|
|January 31, 2020||ICF Board Election closes; results announced|
|March 31, 2020||Announce Annual General Meeting|
|April 15, 2020||Annual General Meeting Opens|
|April 30, 2020||Annual General Meeting Closes|
|August 31, 2020||Call for Nominations (Members at Large)|
|September 1, 2020||Election for Members at Large Opens|
|September 15, 2020||Election for Members at Large Closes; results announced|
Note: Interest for other Board Positions (Appointments) may be submitted at any time
The nomination procedures are based upon the current Constitution/By-Laws adopted by the membership of the International Camping Fellowship at a meeting in February 2018. They are attached to the ICF By-Laws approved in February 2002/2011. A full copy of these By-Laws is available upon request.
The Board shall be composed of President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The Executive Committee shall be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization (ICF) and perform all duties related thereto. The term of service shall be one year but the Board is encouraged to let their name stand to the next ICF International Camping Congress.
The Advisory Board shall be composed of the Board, at least 6 Committee Chairs and at least 4 Members-at-Large. Ex-Officio Members shall include Past-President (if serving), the next Congress Chair (or designate) and any other such appointments as the Board deems appropriate. To promote continuity, Advisory Board Members agree to serve, if possible, from Congress to Congress.
Candidates for President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary must be current ICF Members, and may be nominated by any other current Member. Nominees must meet the following criteria and agree to these service obligations:
- A minimum of three years of service on the Board or Advisory Board of the ICF
- The ability to fund travel to one (1) ICF Board meeting annually
- The ability to work and contribute in English (or to provide such translation support as needed)
- The time and resources for such duties as may be defined and developed by the Board and assume by the candidates
Candidates for Treasurer must be current ICF Members, and may be nominated by any other current Member. Nominees must meet the following criteria and agree to these service obligations:
- Demonstrated experience in budget management and financial oversight
- The ability to fund travel and expenses for one (1) ICF Board meeting annually
- The ability to work & contribute in English (or to provide such translation support as needed)
- The time and resources for such duties as may be defined and developed by the Board and assumed by the candidate
Candidates for Members-at-Large are elected by a vote of all current Ambassadors. This election is conducted after the election and appointment of other members of the next term’s Board, Advisory Board and Ambassadors. It may be conducted electronically or as part of the General Assembly of Ambassadors. To promote continuity, Advisory Board Members agree to serve, if possible, from Congress to Congress.
Candidates for Ambassadors
are ICF Members who are elected, acclaimed or appointed from within each country by the ICF membership of that country. If more than one nomination is submitted, then an election is conducted. If only one candidate is nominated, the candidate may be acclaimed. If there are no nominations from a country, the Chair of the Ambassador Committee will seek out an appointment.
Ambassadors should be prepared to meet the following obligations:
- Recruit additional ICF Members within their country.
- Assist in forging links amongst members, nationally and internationally, including the exchange of campers and camp staff.
- Supply news and information from the country to ICF on a regular basis.
- Survey known information on organized camping and outdoor experience in their country.
- Disseminate information on international camping and ICF programs and services.
- Serve as a member of the ICF General Assembly at the next International Camping Congress
- Secure regional co-ordinators within the country when appropriate.
- Assist in the work if the ICF in other ways as requested to do the work of ICF.
Nomination forms are available to any and all current Members.
* Nomination Forms must be completed and submitted in a timely fashion not later than December 31st. If more than one nomination is received for any given position, the current Past President or Election Chair designate formulates a ballot of all persons nominated, along with biographical information and photograph. This information is posted for an electronic election not later than January 31.
* The Nomination Form for Members-at-Large must be completed and submitted to ICF Headquarters not later than August 31 in the year of an International Camping Congress. If more than three nominations are received for these positions, the current Ambassador Attaché conducts an election amongst the current Ambassadors.
Voting privileges in a general election and at the Annual Meeting are extended to all current Members. Results are posted from the ICF Office.
|ICF GOVERNANCE (DOWNLOAD)|