The ICF Butterfly Award recognizes an individual, camp or organization that has made significant contributions internationally to the causes of camping (e.g. environmental, humanitarian or educational) over a period of time.
- Any member, affiliate or friend of the International Camping Fellowship is eligible. Current members of the ICF Board are not eligible, although their camp or organization may be considered.
- To be eligible one must be nominated by a current ICF member, and the nomination form must be sent though the ICF Ambassador to the ICF secretary.
- The award recognizes a person, camp or organization which has made significant contributions to the various causes of camping by increasing world understanding and peace through the conduct of activities or programs involving people from more than one country. These contributions may emphasize environment causes, humanitarian endeavor and or global education.
- Awards are made by the ICF Board upon the recommendation of a Nominations Sub-Committee, and announced immediately after being made. Presentations are made at the subsequent ICF Annual Meeting or other appropriate inte rnational event. The ICF cannot be responsible for the travel expenses of the recipients.
- The award is an engraved plaque with the name of the recipient and the year of recognition.
- Nominees who are not successful may be re-nominated at a later time