Criteria for Application
CRITERIA FOR THE BILL BOWKER SCHOLARSHIP FUND
- Candidates must hold a current membership in ICF.
- Candidates must be acknowledged by an organization in their home country in a field related to youth development and willing to endorse participation in the international camping event. This letter from the organization must be included with application.
- Candidates must communicate and discuss their request for funding with their ICF country’s Ambassador or directly with ICF headquarters, and provide a letter that verifies that discussion.
- Candidates must provide two letters of personal character reference from professional organizations.
- Candidates must submit a description for the Bill Bowker Scholarship Fund Selection Committee concerning camping in their region, the significance of the international camping event and the potential for further development in their country as a result of involvement in the international camping event.
- Candidates must provide at least partial funding knowing that they will not receive 100% funding support from ICF to attend the international camping event.
- ICF Board members are not eligible for funding.
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for funding for the upcoming.
International Camping Congress, please send:
- Personal letter of introduction (including dollar amount of support being requested)
- Letter of reference from the sponsoring organization
- Personal character reference letter 1
- Personal character reference letter 2
If you do not have access to email, please contact ICF Treasurer for a mailing address and telephone number.
Applications for financial support to attend International Camping Congress must be received not later than four months ahead of the date of the Congress. A decision will be made and details of that decision will be forwarded to all candidates promptly. Preference may be given to candidates from areas of the world where ICF can assist in developing camping associations and programs. Funds will be dispersed prior to the start of the Congress.
Send all correspondence by email, by fax or by regular mail or by fax to:
1844 Ravenscliffe Road
Huntsville ON P1H 2N2 Canada
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 1-705-789-5612