1 – RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM IN TURKEY – INTERNATIONAL CAMPING CONGRESS
For the Book of Abstracts click here!
- A Study of Sustainable Practices by a Nationwide Sample of Camp Directors – by Drs. Erik Rabinowitz & Joy James
- Building comfort in outdoor settings – by J. Joy James, Appalachian State University & Michael King, Town of Matthews, NC
- Camp Research in the United States in 2014 – by Karla A. Henderson, North Carolina State University
- Effects of Outdoor Programs on Mental Fitness of College Students – by Kentaro Tai (Nagasaki International University), Kenya Kumagai (Nagasaki International University), Toshiyuki Miyara (Nagasaki International University), Sanghoon Kim (Nagasaki International University), Namika Motoshima (Nagasaki International University), Tatsuo Yagi (Seiwa University), Tetsuya Mizuno (Tokyo Medical and Dental University)
- History of Research Surveys in Mongolia – by General Director T. Tuvshin
- How Should We Evaluate the Outdoor Experiences: The Development of Experiential Education Evaluation Form. – by Taito Okamura（backcountry classroom Inc.）& Aki Komatsu（Sophia University）
- Parent Perception of Changes in Children After Returning Home from Camp – by Troy D. Glover, Ph.D., Steven Mock, Ph.D., & Roger C. Mannell, Ph.D., University of Waterloo – Stephen Fine, Ph.D., Hollows Camp
- Resilience at Summer Camp – by Stephen Fine, Ph.D. and Troy Bennett, MBA.
- Summer Camp & the Advancement of Global Citizenship – by Stephen Fine, Ph.D., Deb Bialeschki, Ph.D., & Troy Bennett, MBA
- The Powerful Impact of Empowering Teens in Camp Program Planning and Delivery – by Marianne Bird (University of California Cooperative Extension, Sacramento County) & John Borba (University of California Cooperative Extension, Kern County)
- Understanding Children’s Cancer Camps – by Catherine M. Laing RN, PhD
- Welcome to “The Bubble”; the ‘betwixt and between’ of summer residential camp communities – by Mandi Baker, PhD candidate, Griffith University
1A) – The Japan Outdoor Education Society along with the Japanese Wilderness Education Association hosted an outdoor conference in June 2014 in Tokyo. For more information, visit the conference website: www.weaj.jp 1B) – The American Camp Association 2014 Research Forum Abstractsare available for free download from the ACA Research Forum website: www.acacamps.org/
2- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP TOOLBOXES
During 2012 and 2014 several ICF camps participated in the Global Citizenship Research Project. The results can be found within the ICC Turkey Book of Abstracts.
Global Citizenship Toolboxes:Sustainable Living Board Game: ENG – FRENCH – GREEK – MONGOLIAN – SPANISH
What is Global Citizen: ENG – FRENCH – GREEK – MONGOLIAN – SPANISH
What is Rich: ENG – FRENCH – GREEK – MONGOLIAN – SPANISH
Why do we fight: ENG – FRENCH – GREEK – MONGOLIAN – SPANISH
3- RESEARCH PROJECTS SUBMITTED TO TO ICFBelow you can download recent research projects submitted to ICF website. Click the details to view the research project author. All files require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Motion of ICF Board (October, 2016) Move to approve the revised By-Laws as presented. Moved by Andrew McGuckian/Seconded by Don Cheley. Carried.